We are happy to announce a new release first time at this site!
During last weeks a lot happened, number of test files generated multiplied several times, and while this is in large part different variants of calibration patches this is still a big step for the project. We support now pretty much every common format in widespread use today and ready to extend for new ones.
Modern picture formats
- H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC)
- FullHD (1080p) and UltraHD 4K (2160p)
- BT.709 and BT.2020 color
- 4:2:0 YCbCr
- Standard dynamic range and HDR (HDR10, HLG10)
Setup & Tests
- PLUGE pattern for precisely setting black level
- BT.2111 color bar test pattern for HDR10 and HLG10
- Quantization uniformity / local non-linearity detection:
- 2D Quantization grid
- 3D Quantization cross pattern (dynamic sweeps)
- Full screen fills and 5%, 10%, 20%, 50% window calibration patches
- Grayscale patterns in 5% steps
- additional ‘Whiter than White’ patterns
- additional precision near-black patterns (1% steps)
- Miscellaneous 10 step Saturation Sweep patterns (CalMAN compatible)
Special for LG OLED
- HDR10 10% window calibration patterns for LG OLED 2016 and 2017
All patterns are automatically validated after encoding by decoding them and comparing with reference.